Starting from May 1, 2021, cosmetics registration and notification in China shall comply with the new regulations. On Apr. 2, 2021, China NMPA issued an announcement answering the frequently asked questions about cosmetics registration and notification.
1. How to apply for user permission on cosmetics registration and notification information service platform?
2. Which cosmetics registrants and notifiers need to designate an RP?
3. What are the differences between the domestic responsible person (RP) and the previous responsible agent (RA) in China?
4. What contents need to be stated in the RP authorization letter?
5. Can the previous RP or RA authorization letter continue to be used for registration or notification?
6. How to register and notify cosmetic products containing new cosmetic ingredients (NCI) in the safety monitoring period?
7. If the NCI are ordered to suspend the use, how to deal with related cosmetic products?
8. How to apply for registration and notification of cosmetics that have been entrusted for production?
9. How should cosmetic registrants and notifiers retain samples?
10. How to register and notify the cosmetics that must be used in conjunction with instruments or tools?
11. Is the cosmetic formula allowed to be changed?
12. How to deal with the change of the administrative department for general cosmetics notification?