South Korea Cosmetics Act (No. 15488)
- Language:Bilingual (EN&KR)
- Format:Electronic Edition (Adobe PDF)
- Translated by: ChemLinked
- Implementation date: 2019-03-14
- Price: $1550 (Affiliate publication)
On March 13, 2018, South Korea released No. 15488 Cosmetics Act and it entered into force on March 14, 2019. This Act is the overarching regulations for cosmetics in South Korea, providing measures for the manufacture, import and sale of cosmetics and cosmetic ingredients, including detailed requirements for the labeling and advertising of products. Compared with the previous version, the new act makes some amendments on cosmetics business operation, procedural rules, natural and organic cosmetics certification system, etc.
Chapter 1 General provisions
- Kinds of Businesses
Chapter 2 Manufacture or Distribution of Cosmetics
- Registration of Business
- Reasons for Disqualification
- Examination, etc. of Functional Cosmetics
- Obligations, etc. of Manufacturer, Sellers, etc.
- Recall of Hazardous Cosmetics
- Reporting on Business Closure, etc.
Chapter 3 Treatment of Cosmetics
Chapter 4 Supervision
- Safety Standards, etc. for Cosmetics
- Safe Containers, Packaging, etc.
- Matters Required to be Stated in Packages of Cosmetics
- Price Indication of Cosmetics
- Cautions for Statements or Labeling
- Prohibition of Wrongful Labeling and Advertisements
- Demonstration of Contents of Labeling and Advertisements
- Certification of Natural Cosmetics and Organic Cosmetics
- Valid Term of Certification
- Labeling of Certification
- Prohibition of Business Operation
- Prohibition of Distribution or Sale of Animal-Tested Cosmetics, etc.
- Prohibition of Sale, etc.
- Establishment of Association
Chapter 5 Supplementary Provisions
- Reporting, Inspections, etc.
- Customer Cosmetics Safety Control Supervisors
- Corrective Orders
- Inspection Orders
- Orders to Repair Facilities
- Orders, etc. to Recall or Discard Goods
- Publication of Hazardous Cosmetics
- Revocation of Registration, etc.
- Succession to Status of Business Operator
- Penalty Surcharges
- Publication of Violations
- Support for Voluntary Management
- Exception to Products for Exportation
Chapter 6 Penalty Provisions
- Reissuance of Certificate of Registration, etc.
- Support for Cosmetics Industry
- Entrustment or Delegation of Authority
- Penalty Provisions
- Administrative Fines
- Enforcement Date
- Transitional Measures concerning Registration of Business Operation
- Transitional Measures concerning Name Change of Manufacturing selling
- Transitional Measures concerning Statements on Packages of
- Transitional Measures concerning Cancellation of Registration
- Transitional Measures concerning Penalty Provisions and Penalty
COPYRIGHT: You may circulate web links to the web and contents, but they are intended for your personal, non-commercial use only. For other use of any materials, you can contact with firstname.lastname@example.org
to seek consent. Find out more about our copyright policy here
CORRECTIONS: we do our utmost to provide you with accurate information. However sometimes errors slip under the radar. If you notice any errors contact us on: email@example.com
Content sharing or co-authoring: just send messages to our editor team.