As Hair dye products, epilating agents and some other quasi-drugs have been recently designated as functional cosmetics, MDFS accordingly revised "Cosmetic Safety Standard" which regulates ingredients usage in all cosmetics in Korea.
- Allowing hair dye products to use Toluene-3, 4-diamine, and amend restrictions of ingredients: Toluene-3, 4-diamine) -1-naphthalenyl] methylene] -2,5-cyclohexadien-1-ylidine] -N-ethyl-ethanaminium and salts when used in hair dye products;
- For ingredients permitted to be used in hair dye products in EU such as '2,7-naphthalene diol and its salts and another 37 items are prohibited in Korea;
- Adding new standards for manufacturing 41 ingredients such as p-nitro-o-phenylenediamine which used in hair dye products. (*the standards set for hair dye products as quasi-drugs are still applicable)
- Adding and amending standards for ingredients used in hair dye products, epilating agents, and acne relieving products.
- Amending and clarifying standards for salts ingredients such as disinfectant and preservative.
For whole list of revised standards will be compiled soon, Chemlinked will inform you as soon as it is ready.
You are a visitor, Please login.