- In line with Korea's recent expansion of the scope of functional cosmetics, MFDS revised several requirements of technical review and dossiers submission.
- Hair dye products, cosmetics for sensitive skins etc. which are now considered functional cosmetics are subject to these new requirements since May 30, 2017.
- For hair dye products efficacy and function data are required. (*data should be collected from professional institutions, domestic or overseas colleges and hospital laboratories)
- For sensitive skin cosmetics, clinical testing is required（*data for this new testing method should also be collected from appointed CROs）
- For functional cosmetics for sensitive skins and anti- rahagades cosmetics, if all ingredients are the same except for fragrance and humectants, duplication of reports for safety, efficacy and function can be exempted.
- To add standards for concentration limit of epilating agent and add testing methods for concentration of hair dyes. (*specifically, add concentration limit of glycolic acid (main ingredient for epilating agent) and add salt strength testing methods to test concentration of hair dyes.)
- For epilating agent and hair dye products, if one product belongs to the "safety guaranteed ingredient category", it can be exempted from safety assessment.
- To clarify the claims for adverse skin reaction warnings
- For reliability, only notarized methods can be used during testing
You are a visitor, Please login.