According to an announcement released by Korea Cosmetic Association on Aug 27, 2018, Korea' s competent authority plans to modify part of the Cosmetics Act to establish a Cosmetic Safety and Technology Agency, in order to better manage and utilize cosmetic quality and safety information.
The main responsibilities of the Cosmetic Safety and Technology Agency are as follows:
- Collection, analysis, evaluation, management, provision and investigation of information on cosmetics and cosmetic ingredients;
a. Risk information about cosmetic safety and efficacy, including adverse reactions caused by the use of cosmetics;
b. Cosmetic functional, quality and safety information, such as market trends, regulations, policies, export procedures, etc. in overseas exporting countries
- Technical development and support for cosmetics and cosmetic ingredients
- Technical support and consultation in cosmetics manufacture and quality control
- Exams, surveys, research, training and promotion required by the above three activities
- Other works designated by Korean MFDS.
Cosmetic Safety and Technology Agency may request safety information from the following organizations or individuals when collecting or evaluating cosmetic safety information.
- Local government;
- Public organization;
- Research institute;
- Cosmetic manufacturer or distributor.
The requirements for the organization and operation of the Cosmetics Safety and Technology Agency are designated by Prime Minister' s Decree. If you have any suggestions about the establishment of the new cosmetic agency, please send to email@example.com before August 31, 2018.
You are a visitor, Please login.