- Filing of imported cosmetics and registration of a domestic responsible person are expanded throughout Shanghai and Chongqing from Nov. 10.
- Import filing activities in Shanghai will be handled by either the municipal FDA or district FDA depending on the RP’s registration location.
On Nov. 16, Shanghai FDA issued an updated filing guidance for first-imported non-special cosmetics in Shanghai.
Compared to the previous filing guidance for the Pudong new area, most of the content including the basic procedures and required documents are the same. Slight variation exists as outlined below:
- The registration location of a domestic responsible person (RP) has been expanded throughout Shanghai from Nov. 10, rather than being confined to Pudong new area.
- The business items—supplement of filing information has been newly added.
- Shanghai FDA is responsible for handling the filing business of RPs who are registered in districts including Xuhui, Changning, Putuo, Hongkou, Yangpu, Baoshan, Qingpu, Songjiang and Chongming. For RPs who are registered in districts such as Pudong new area, Huangpu, Jing’an, Minhang, Fengxian, Jiading and Jinshan, filing business will be handled by the administration service center of its district FDA. Please refer to the Guidance for Filing Management of First Import Non-Special Use Cosmetics in Shanghai for detailed information of these acceptance offices.
On Nov. 9, Chongqing MPA (previous Chongqing FDA) released its detailed enforcement rules for filing of first-imported non-specials cosmetics within its jurisdiction.
According to the announcement, the registration of a domestic responsible person is available throughout the municipality from Nov. 10, with no regional/geographical restrictions. Chongqing MPA will handle filing activities in accordance with the two original documents: Procedures of Filing Management for First Import Non-special Use Cosmetics through Shanghai Pudong New Area (Interim) and Notice of Inspection Report Requirements and Related Matters of First Imported Non-Special Cosmetics for Pudong Pilot Filing Management.
Two acceptance windows will continue to handle matters relating to the issuance of RP’s username and initial passwords and the reception of filing paper documents.
- Liangjiang New Area: 3F, FTZ Administrative Center, No. 64 Middle of Huangshan Avenue, Dazulin Street, Yubei District
- Xiyong Area: 1F, Free Trade Building, No. 8 North Xiyuan Street, Xiyong Street, Shapingba District
The other adjustments are essentially the same as the provisions stipulated in the previous national announcement—China Officially Releases Enforcement Rules for Replacing Imported Cosmetic Registration with Filing Management Nationwide.
You are a visitor, Please login.