- Tmall will upgrade its flagship stores before Nov. 11th, 2019. The new stores will leverage technological advancements including 5G, big data, AI and AR to offer consumers an immersive retail experience that adapts to individual changes in consumer preference over time and seamlessly combines online and offline retail.
- High-end cosmetics have an increasingly prominent presence on Tmall. Over 26% of the world’s largest luxury brands are already operating flagship stores.
- Stakeholders can expect flagship stores with an individualized user interfaces/store landing pages, optimized algorithms, and greater options for customization than ever before.
Tmall: The world’s second biggest platform for local Chinese and international businesses to sell brand name goods to consumers in mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan .
New Retail: Retail as a service that integrates online and offline elements , streamlines supply chains and allows both consumers and retailers to use advanced technologies such as big data, AI, AR and advancements in understanding of consumer psychology to improve production, distribution, logistics, marketing and sales .
Earlier ChemLinked reported that Tmall launched its English language website , which helps international brands understand Tmall’s business offering and facilitates opening of Tmall flagship stores. Following this, on June 25, 2019, Tmall unveiled its Flagship Store 2.0 Upgrade Program, which will help merchants optimize digital management of their stores, and offer more flexibility and improve responsiveness and adaptability to shifting market dynamics and rapidly evolving consumer demands through the use of new retail and other innovative retail solutions. The Tmall Flagship store 2.0 will offer an unprecedented level of customization for retailers and unprecedented ability to integrate new retail tech such as big data, 5G, AI, AR etc. The new offering should be ready for the 2019 Double 11 Shopping Festival.
From “Merchandise-centric Operation” to “Consumer-centric Operation”
1. A redesigned algorithm: Page content individualized based on consumer preference, history, big data etc.
2. Integrate online service and offline experience
3. Leveraging the latest technological advancements
High-end Cosmetics Brands Featuring Strongly on Tmall Flagship Stores
Tmall flagship stores offer the chance to attract and interact with young, wealthy Chinese consumers particularly for high-end cosmetics which use brand image and reputation as key drivers of sales and differentiation. The demand for customized visuals on each Tmall flagship store is even stronger amongst retailers. Tmall Flagship Store 2.0 will help retailers offer richer content and provide a better consumer experience.
You are a visitor, Please login.