Korea defines functional cosmetics as products that aid in brightening skin, improving wrinkles in skin, tanning skin gently or protecting skin from sun's ultraviolet radiation. Functional cosmetics are subject to more stringent evaluation than general cosmetics. Based on the definition three kinds of products are confirmed as functional cosmetics: anti-aging products, whitening products and sunscreens. All these three kinds of products are subject to the supervision of Korea Ministry of Food and Drug Safety. The manufacture and import shall strictly comply with related regulations...
Korea Functional Cosmetics Regulations
- 21 Sep 2016
- Angelita Hu
- Korea Supplements Provision for Customized Cosmetic Authentication System
- Korea Drafted Regulation of Customized Cosmetic Authentication System
- Korea to Make Safety Proof of Children Cosmetic Compulsory
- Korea to Align Cosmetic Regulations with ASEAN Member Countries by 2019
- Korean Authorities to Implement QR Code Digital Administration for Cosmetic Products
Regulatory analyst and managing editor
Company: Reach24h Consulting Group
Expertise: Asia Pacific cosmetic regulation
Bio: As a regulatory analyst and managing editor Ms. Angelita Hu reports regulatory updates and shares her interpretation on regulations at ChemLinked. She works as editor/reporter for over 5 years and has extensive knowledge of cosmetic regulation in Asia Pacific regions.