Several testing methods for active ingredients in functional cosmetics are newly added and modified.
On Dec 3, 2018, Korean MFDS released an announcement amending Standards and Testing Methods of Functional Cosmetics. Public consultation will last until Dec 24, 2018. If you have any suggestions, mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The amendments are as follows:
- The quantitative method of single functional cosmetics using Niacinamide or Adenosine as active ingredients is modified, making it consistent with the quantitative method of the dual functional cosmetics.
- Five new testing methods for Dexpanthenol, Aminopropanol, l-Menthol, Zinc Pyrithione, and Zinc Pyrithione Solution (50%) in alleviating hair loss cosmetics are added.
- Two new testing methods for Phenyl Methyl Pyrazolone, Sodium Persulfate and Ammonium Persulfate and Potassium Persulfate Powder in hair dyeing and hair decolorant products are added.
- The testing method for Hydrogen Peroxide Solution 50 % in hair dyeing and hair decolorant products is modified.
- Some terminologies are modified for more rigorous and scientific expression.
Specific changes on testing methods can refer to the original document of Standards and Testing Methods of Functional Cosmetics.
*Dual functional cosmetics refer to cosmetics containing two functional ingredients.
You are a visitor, Please login.