China International Import Exhibition 2019
1. Nearly 200 cosmetic-related exhibitors participated in the second China International Import Expo, which was held from November 5-10 in Shanghai. The number of exhibitors, brands and new products was significantly more than last year.
2. Cosmetic giants Estée Lauder and SHISEIDO made their CIIE debuts. Estée Lauder showed 2 high-end perfume brands By KILIAN and Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle and SHISEIDO displayed its personalized skincare brand Optune, which is developed based on digital technology.
Singles Day Sales 2019
3. Domestic brand Perfect Diary became the No.1 make-up selling brand, followed by Mac and Estée Lauder. Perfect Diary is also the first domestic make-up brand to rank No.1 in Tmall 11/11 make-up sales.
4. According to Tmall Global data, more than 250,000 beauty apparatuses were sold on November 11, with a year-on-year increase of 44%. Among them, people born after 1995 and consumers in the low-tier city markets were the biggest contributors to growth in the beauty apparatuses sales, with 84% of consumers coming from 3rd, 4th and 5th tier cities.
5. From November 1 to 11, the sales of Yintai Department Store increased by 24.2%, among which sales of 80 items exceeded a million yuan and sales of 4 items exceeded 10 million yuan in the beauty makeup category. SISLEY ECOLOGICAL COMPOUND was the first item to sell over 10 million yuan.
2. 16 batches of cosmetics were unqualified in Guangdong provincial cosmetics sampling inspection, including skin cream, sunscreen, and facial mask, etc.
3. Guangdong Medical Products Administrative reminded consumers to be alert to the exaggerated cosmetic advertisement like removing acne in three days or achieving whitening effect in one usage, as these products may contain illegal additives.
4. To regulate 11/11 Single's Day online shopping campaign, Shanghai market regulators urged Pinduoduo, Meituan, Xiaohongshu (Red), Ymatou and other 22 key e-commerce business enterprises in the city to regulate sales promotion.
Business & Finance
2. According to the Ministry of Commerce, from November 1 to 11, China's online retail sales exceeded 870 billion yuan, up 26.7% year on year. The online retail market reached a new high, with emerging market in low tier cities becoming the new driver of growth.
3. Global spending on the advertisement of beauty products is expected to rise 2.7% to $14.4 billion this year, according to the latest prediction of Market Research Agency Zenith. China is now the largest market for advertising spending on beauty products, reaching $6.2 billion this year, driven by strong demand for male beauty products and e-commerce advertising.
4. Alibaba began trading on the main board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange on November 26. Its Hong Kong IPO raised HK $88 billion.
Disclaimer: All images used are from the internet.
 Cosmetics in CIIE 2019: Three Trends Driving Growth and Product Development
 China Consults on Draft Regulations for Cosmetic Overseas Inspection
 October Recap: Monthly Digest: China Cosmetic Industry Review | October 2019
 September Recap: Monthly Digest: China Cosmetic Industry Review | September 2019
You are a visitor, Please login.